ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF OUR AGREEMENT
You accept and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure, and sharing of your information as specified and collected by us in this Policy when you use the Take A Bite Platform and the Services.
Please do not use or access the Take A Bite Platform if you do not agree with the Policy.
CHANGES TO POLICIES
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time and will notify you here if we do so. If we make any substantial changes to this Policy, we will notify you by a prominent notice on the Take A Bite Platform or via your email address on record, and where required by applicable law, we will acquire your permission. As long as you continue to use our Services after we post or provide notice about our changes to this Policy, you agree to the new Policy.
URLS THAT TAKE YOU TO ANOTHER WEBSITE
There may be connections to other websites on the Take A Bite Platform. You should be aware that this Policy does not apply to any information that may be obtained about you while you are on such websites. Take A Bite disclaims all responsibility and control over the procedures and content of any third-party websites that may be accessed through the Take A Bite Platform through the use of hyperlinks. For any information you may provide with our service providers/service workers that is not required by this Policy, this Policy shall have no effect on that information.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, such as the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers and advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and other information. These third-party plugins will have access to the data you provide and can use it to enhance the services you get, both in terms of content and functionality. It is possible for analytics businesses to trace your use of the Take A Bite Platform using mobile device IDs.
For example, we utilize cookies, pixel tags, “flash cookies,” and similar technologies to gather information about your usage of the Services and third-party websites, as well as third parties with whom we work.
A cookie is a little piece of data that a website, app, online media, or ad places on your computer or mobile device. Among the many purposes for which we employ cookies and similar technologies are the authentication of users, the storage of user preferences and settings, the assessment of the popularity of the content, the delivery and measurement of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, and the analysis of site traffic and trends in order to better understand how people use our services online.
As an example of a small, invisible piece of code, a pixel tag (or clear GIF) may be used to monitor or track things like the number of times an ad is shown or the number of times a user clicks it, as well as to access cookies on the user’s computer. These pixel tags are used to track the popularity of our various sites and features. Emails and newsletters may also contain web beacons, which allow us to track things like whether or not a recipient has opened the message and for other purposes as well.
Please go to your browser’s settings to change your cookie preferences. You agree to our usage of cookies as detailed in this section if you use our Services with your browser set to accept cookies.
Your Information’s Purposes
Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and provide you with the information you need and want, including:
- fulfilling your requests for deliveries and other services,
- providing you with information and services related to your Take A Bite account,
- Administering and improving the Take A Bite service. To better understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.),
- improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, make special offers, and provide custom-tailored services;
- To provide you with information about these services;
- In order to compile and examine reports and data regarding our user base and Service usage trends, as well as perform research;
- Our Services may include interactive elements that allow you to communicate with other users.
- Measure or analyze the efficacy of advertising we provide to you and others and deliver appropriate advertising.
- As a partner restaurant, merchant, or delivery partner, monitor the progress of delivery or the status of the order placed by our consumers.
- To collaborate with other academics on research projects.
- Third-party data may be combined with information you have provided to us and information we acquire about you as outlined above.
- Additionally, we may utilize third-party web analytic tools to anonymize and/or de-identify information we acquire from you through the Services or other means.
- Thus, the use and dissemination of de-identified information is unrestricted by this Policy and may be shared with others without restriction.
- This includes IP addresses, browser types and languages, Internet service providers (ISPs), referring, app crashes, page views and exit websites and apps, operating system date/time stamp, as well as clickstream data.
- There are several ways this information may be used, including to help us better understand how users interact with our website;
- to enhance our products and services;
- And to gather demographic information about our user base.
CONTENT DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION
For the following reasons, we may disclose your personal information:
When we use third-party service providers, such as payment processing organizations, we may disclose the information you supply to them in order to assist us in running our business. We may utilize outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications related to our Services, as well as assist us in evaluating and improving our Services, process and collecting payments, and give you alerts on your devices about our Services. To conduct surveys or organize prizes on our behalf, we may utilize vendors.
During the process of placing an order through the Take A Bite Platform, your personal information is shared with us and with the restaurants/merchants from which you may select to buy food. In order to expedite the processing of your online food order, we give the restaurant/merchant your information in the same way that you would if you had placed your order directly with the restaurant. Take A Bite may send you text notifications about the status of your purchase if you enter your mobile phone number.
On the Take A Bite Platform, you can’t opt-out of advertising; but you can opt-out of much interest-based advertising on third-party sites and third-party ad networks (including DoubleClick Ad Exchange, Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). Visit www.aboutads.info/choices for further information. If you choose not to get tailored adverts from third-party ad networks based on your online activity across numerous websites and services, you have chosen to opt-out.
You’re opt-out may be rendered ineffective if cookies are deleted or if you switch devices.
As stated in this Policy, we may disclose your information in a manner different from that specified below, provided we tell you and you consent to the sharing.
Precautions for Data Security
To protect the information we collect, we’ve put in place suitable technical and security safeguards.
To keep your private information safe, we rely on third-party service providers to offer vault and tokenization services. For our vault, tokenization, and payment gateway, our third-party service providers are in full compliance with the Payment Card Industry Standards (PCI) (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). It is strongly recommended that you do not submit your entire credit/debit card information over unencrypted electronic platforms. It is your responsibility to safeguard any username and password we have provided you (or selected) for use in gaining access to particular portions of the Take A Bite Platform. We ask that you do not give out your password to anybody.
Please be advised that internet-based data transfer is not 100% secure. No data transmission over the Internet, including the Take A Bite Platform, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Physical, technical and procedural measures are put in place to try to prevent unauthorized access after we obtain your information.
As soon as you create a Take A Bite account, you agree to receive Take A Bite’s email newsletters. You may access your email preferences by logging in. Alternatively, you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email communications, but keep in mind that you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative notices, service notices, and legal notices from Take A Bite.
Contact us if you wish to opt-out of the use and dissemination of your personal information in accordance with this Policy or if you wish to have your data removed from our systems. Due to the volume of requests we get, it may take up to 5 (Five) business days for us to process them. After that time, we will no longer handle your personal data unless it is absolutely necessary for us to do so in order to comply with our legal duties. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with some or all Services.
The Grievance Officer and the Take A Bite Platform Security are two separate entities.
Any questions or concerns regarding this Policy’s processing or use of information submitted by you should be sent to us through email.